Head of Logistic
To support our growth, we’re looking for an ambitious Head of Logistics
Reporting to the CEO, your role will be in charge of leading the logistics team embracing the replenishment to our 44 retail stores and E-commerce fulfilment, warehousing and transportation management with high standards of quality.
You will hold a key position working alongside the senior management team to develop our services and products, lead initiatives and identify business opportunities.
- Proactively lead, motivate and inspire the team.
- Establish and define appropriate procedures, standards of services and performance benchmarks
- Define targets in cooperation with the CEO and leadership team, and ensure that targets are achieved
- Pro-actively monitor target achievement status and define appropriate measures to ensure target achievement
- Collaborate and support all other internal departments to continuously improve our services, product and business profitability
Silvan is one of the largest retailers of construction materials to private individuals. There are 44 stores in Denmark and an E-shop.
The first DIY store opened in 1968 in Slagelse. Since then, Silvan has become a strong brand, which is synonymous with DIY work in the Danes consciousness.
There is 1,300 employees in Silvan A/S and approx. 100 employees at the head office in Brabrand. Silvan A/S is owned by the German private equity fund Aurelius Group.
You will be based at the head office in Brabrand and become part of a dynamic and ambitious organisation with committed colleagues in an informal working environment
- Graduate degree in Business Administration or degree in similar specializations e.g. logistics, distribution, drocurement or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience, preferably in the fast-moving retail industry, including transportation, management, warehousing, procurement, outsourcing, business services etc.
- Previous experience in directly managing and leading large teams (10+ FTEs)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT know-how, advanced user of Microsoft Office applications
- Proactive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Resilient and resourceful, able to manage time-constrained projects
What’s in it for you?
- Great team
- Your opinion matters: you can improve processes, systems and tools
- You are changing the way the “Do it yourself” industry is servicing customers
- Competitive salary package
Can you recognize yourself in this exciting job, and if you see it as your next natural step in your career, send us your application immediately. You apply for the job by using the "search job function".
I SILVAN er vores mission at sikre kundernes succes med boligens projekter, uanset om det er gør-det-selv eller gør-det-med-hjælp. Vores vision er, at vi vil være det absolut mest serviceorinterede gør-det-selv byggemarked, når du skal indrette, reparere og vedligeholde din bolig. Vi er til for at sikre din succes med boligens projekter og vi er altid klar til at gå et ekstra skridt for dig som kunde.
Vores byggemarkeder henvender sig først og fremmest til den private gør-det-selv-kunde, men professionelle håndværkere handler også hos os. Foruden 12.000 faste varer, har vi et sæsonpræget sortiment, samt 5.000 bestillingsvarer. SILVAN-byggemarkederne er strategisk placeret omkring større byer og har, eksklusiv lager, administration og havecenter, et gennemsnitligt salgsareal på 2.400 m2.